- All breeds of goats produce chevon.
- Goats are browsers – thriving on brush, weeds and rocky land; naturally clearing brush.
- Goats mature early and may be bred at 10-12 months of age if physically mature.
- Goats are prolific, delivering multiple births.
- The gestation period for a goat is 5 months.
- Goats require protection against predators.
- Goats, by nature, are docile, curious, playful and friendly. They adapt well to a variety of environments, are productive and thrive when provided with good feeding and management practices.
- Goats are very sociable animals, enjoy human interaction and are great companions for other species of livestock.